WELCOME

The best advice I can give is from a talk by Elder Oaks: ”Last year a church member sent me a suggestion that someone prepare a book containing all General Authority interpretations of all verses in the scriptures. I replied that I thought this was not a good idea…. What we are seeking to accomplish… is not to magnify the standing of the prophets but to elevate the spirituality of our rank and file members. Like Moses, we declare, ‘would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!’ (Numbers 11:29). We encourage everyone to study the scriptures prayerfully and seek personal revelation to know the meaning for themselves.” (Elder Dallin H. Oaks, “Scripture Reading and Revelation”, BYU Studies Academy Meeting, January 29, 1993)

Saturday, December 22, 2018

Resources for study

I have several resources I use as I study.
The following web sites are a great help in finding statements made about passages of scripture by the General Authorities:
https://www.gospeldoctrine.com/
https://scriptures.byu.edu/

LDS.org has a lot of information buried inside it. The Seminary Home Study manuals have a wealth of information.
BYUTV has a scripture discussion show that has gone in depth on all the standard works that I enjoy as well.

I also read a lot and as I find a passage in a book I mark it, then flag it so I can later enter it into my document called: Thoughts I have read.
As you can see I am a bit behind in moving these from the books to on line.


No comments:

Post a Comment