WELCOME

The best advice I can give is from a talk by Elder Oaks: ”Last year a church member sent me a suggestion that someone prepare a book containing all General Authority interpretations of all verses in the scriptures. I replied that I thought this was not a good idea…. What we are seeking to accomplish… is not to magnify the standing of the prophets but to elevate the spirituality of our rank and file members. Like Moses, we declare, ‘would God that all the Lord’s people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!’ (Numbers 11:29). We encourage everyone to study the scriptures prayerfully and seek personal revelation to know the meaning for themselves.” (Elder Dallin H. Oaks, “Scripture Reading and Revelation”, BYU Studies Academy Meeting, January 29, 1993)

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

New Set of Scriptures

So I finally broke down and bought me a new Quad.




I have had it for almost a year and had not started to mark in it.
I wanted to make sure it was the right process.
My last set is still very well used by me but I wanted to try something different that the tabs and topics I have done in the last 3 -4 sets I have had.


Several years ago our Stake started a year long study of the Atonement. They had study guides that were created and sent out monthly.








I saved all of them and printed them out to combine into one giant volume.

It is 499 pages of 9 point font, full of scripture reference and quotes from Leaders.








I decided to make this new set of Scriptures to be my Atonement Scriptures.
I am going through the study guide and marking the scriptures listed, adding in comments I like as well as marking up the study guide.

So far this has been thought provoking.







PENS for scripture Marking will be the next post. I had some thoughts and experience oaths topic.

2 comments:

  1. Are the study guides something you'd be willing to share? They look like a fantastic resource.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get a copy of this. Are the study guides something you'd be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete